Web Hosting Forums

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JPC-Les

This is a discussion on How to escalate a problem in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have had a server down for about 14 hours now. The tech says they have to wait for an L3 tech but who knows ...

Loyal Client

How to escalate a problem

I have had a server down for about 14 hours now. The tech says they have to wait for an L3 tech but who knows when that will be. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to escalate this? There is an escalate on the ticket but I clicked that hours ago - still no response. Very frustrated.

Loyal Client
    You can call in to support and have them escalate the ticket for you.

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the suggestion but no one answers the phone on off hours. It is just a recorder.

JPC Dream Team
    devbent,

Hopefully the issue with your server had been resolved. We had pretty busy days in support due to the power issue in DC. That was the main reason of the delay in responses since workload was a few times higher than during normal circumstances. If you still experience any further issues, please contact our technical support and we will assist you.
    Sergey | Systems Administrator/Network Administrator
    Jaguarpc.com

Helpful Links

Current Specials | Knowledge Base | Network Status

Loyal Client
    Same problem - different server. Server has been down for over 4 hours. TS has the ticket marked as waiting approval from billing??? Tried calling Jaq but got a message that the sales department was closed. This is truly unbelievable. I don't know what is going on at Jag but something is falling apart. I can't take much more of this.

Hi devbent,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles being faced with the server. Can you provide the ticket ID in question so we can help take a look over this for you.
    Customer Service Representative

Helpful Links
    Knowledge Base | Network Status | Current Specials

Loyal Client
    #546738. It has been resolved. Though I sent an email to sales that no one bothered to answer. They just closed it. And the main ticket just said the problem was fixed. No explanation on why it took over 4 hours to fix. I don't care about a reason but my clients are quite upset and I would like to be able to explain the problem to them since they are concerned this will happen again. Computers break - that's no big deal. But having to wait this long with no way to get an answer - should not be acceptable.

I've asked the techs to update your ticket again with more detail.
    hosting-jaguar likes this.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer