Our forum Area

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

This is a discussion on Server down. No tech reply in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I'm at baseball.nocdirect.com and server is down for me and all my clients. No reply to Support tickets. No reply until server's (hopefully) back? Shouldn't ...

hip
    Loyal Client

Server down. No tech reply

I'm at baseball.nocdirect.com and server is down for me and all my clients. No reply to Support tickets. No reply until server's (hopefully) back? Shouldn't we be receiving mail announcements over alternative email address? (mail's not working either)

The server down issue happens from time to time (not very often, that's true) but it always seems to me as if Jaguar keeps the issue hidden just in case we don't notice. Not very pro, is it?

Meanwhile I keep on getting complaints from my clients and have to cope with them without any information on my side. Sad.

Loyal Client
    I have the same problem. The server has not worked correctly for about 18 hours now. At one point TS referred to this post but there's been no update of it and nothing from TS.

hip
    Loyal Client
    Not even in the forums.
    Same on our end, server not working, no ETA, no mail, my clients complaining and I can't give them any answer.

Ratings give Jaguar 50% of reliability: JaguarPC Reviews by 15 Users & Our Experts

No replies and no compensation. I'm definitely looking for some other host and will try to explain to possible future customers via hosting forums why they shouldn't host at JaguarPC. I feel bad moving after all this time but they don't seem to manage to keep customers satisfied. Sad!

Loyal Client
    Servers go down and is to be expected but the lack of communication is simply unacceptable. It's the main, and really only, complaint I've always had with Jag. My clients are upset with me. Being able to give them an update would do wonders with keeping them patient. I just don't understand Jag's refusal to post updates.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by devbent View Post
    Servers go down and is to be expected but the lack of communication is simply unacceptable. It's the main, and really only, complaint I've always had with Jag. My clients are upset with me. Being able to give them an update would do wonders with keeping them patient. I just don't understand Jag's refusal to post updates.
    I agree with devbent.

Communication is so poor when something happens. I am going on 16+ of downtime and have received no updates on progress or anything unless I initiate a ticket (even then it takes a minimum of 2 hours for them to respond). I have been with Jag for 10-11 years and I am not happy.

On top of that they don't even list my server as one of the effected ones but I have the same problems as all of you do.

hip
    Loyal Client
    I've been addressed to this forum thread for info: https://forums.jaguarpc.com/server-n...tml#post279502

Ok, it's been hours they only talked about mysql recoveries. I'm not lacking mysql but EVERY SINGLE SERVER FEATURE! It's all down. And, of course, no way to reply to that thread. I agree with @devbent: server service is not good, repairs take way too long, but communication with customers is simply unacceptable. I thought JaguarPC was based in the USA but service is as bad as the one by deep China companies. Perhaps...

hey guys, sorry this wasn't better communicated. When baseball.nocdirect.com came online it went into FSCK which failed and the admins determined they had to restore the /home partition from backups. It's been underway and the admins will update this thread with progress
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

hip
    Loyal Client
    Thank you JPC-Les for reply. Still forum support thread (not answerable, no customer feedback allowed) is at least not accurate
    Screenshot_2.png

I'm not sure what you mean Hip. There are several updates in that thread after Viveks post and a separate thread for the BMR for baseball.

Need a Manager?

Loyal Client
    So what does it mean to me that my server is not even listed in those being updated? It is a dedicated server and the post says all shared servers will be taken care of. From that and the fact that the server updates are about an hour apart, it may be another 12 hours, or more, for mine. I know no one can say how long fixing the server will take but I don't think one has to be a math genius to extrapolate the time based on the average completion and the number of servers remaining. Even an educated guess is better than nothing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by devbent View Post
    So what does it mean to me that my server is not even listed in those being updated? It is a dedicated server and the post says all shared servers will be taken care of. From that and the fact that the server updates are about an hour apart, it may be another 12 hours, or more, for mine. I know no one can say how long fixing the server will take but I don't think one has to be a math genius to extrapolate the time based on the average completion and the number of servers remaining. Even an educated guess is better than nothing at this point.
    I tried to find your account based off your forum info but it seems you use a different email here than in the clients area. If you PM me your server hostname, ip, or anything I can use to find your account I can check on your server for you.

Need a Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Les View Post
    I tried to find your account based off your forum info but it seems you use a different email here than in the clients area. If you PM me your server hostname, ip, or anything I can use to find your account I can check on your server for you.
    Actually I think I found your account and see your latest ticket. Your servers both ping for me and the tickets indicate the problem is sporadic which makes me think this isn't really related to the ongoing issues with other servers. We will need to investigate further on those issues. If my reply doesn't sound right then maybe I found the wrong account so let me know.

Need a Manager?

Loyal Client
    I have sent those details. When I posted that ticket the problem was intermittent. It is solid now and the message is always that it can't connect to the database server. I have uploaded pages for the home page to say the site is down for maintenance. If you go to a different page, like contact_us.php you will see the failure.
    Last edited by devbent; 02-15-2017 at 12:09 PM.

hip
    Loyal Client
    Hi Les.

It is nice having at least you attending affected JaguarPC customers. As I see it we are facing 2 issues here. The urgent one and the important one. The urgent is the several servers down + mysql server issues. The important one is smart treatment to customers and communications. I'm sure if JaguarPC were more clear, direct and sincere with any issues that may happen we all would be happier and quieter. You could grew a loyal bunch of customers that would even help in forum attendance to newbies. Besides issues would be less serious because we'd be prepared to it as soon as they come up (as for today I could have advised my customers instead of arguing with them and losing 2 of them (by now).

Then is the compensation system. We, the customers, shouldn't ask for it. You may offer it and we'll feel much better and less annoyed. It's an easy gesture and few bucks and you avoid lots of extra problems. I had it done by Site5 host once and I kept that host for my previous company until now. They are now making money of us right after a server down issue they had 4 years ago.

It's your business but after what happened today I, as a customer, I'm decided not only to move but to help future Jaguar possible clients not to order if things stay the same. I don't have any strength but I'll show my 5 cents in any forum or hosting reviews I may meet because what's going on here today is simply ridiculous.

I'd listen to customers not fight against them (when they're right).

Sorry you feel that way Hip. We will regardless work our hardest to make things right with you.

Need a Manager?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast