Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Suggestion: Have support Read-the-ticket! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
There is nothing more frustrating than to have to wait for a response from support, only to get a reply that asks for information that ...

Loyal Client

Lightbulb Suggestion: Have support Read-the-ticket!

There is nothing more frustrating than to have to wait for a response from support, only to get a reply that asks for information that has clearly (if read), already been provided in the ticket.

It has been clear, in some cases I've had over the years, that if the support person had read the ticket, they wouldn't be asking the same question that has several replies already with the same answer, I wouldn't have to repeat myself, and we'd both same a lot of time.

It's just an idea I had that might help increase response times, and faster at resolving issues. The main reason I see for this ongoing problem, is the rush to THINK they read it, when they only peruse it.

"[Ticket ID: 298119] Please Restore Domain"

i
    ~He will always be my best friend, and was a better human than most people I know. Boomer - June 15 1994 - May 9, 2008~.

I agree 100%. I'm looking into this.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Les View Post
    I agree 100%. I'm looking into this.
    Could you also suggest that, in cPanel, under Metrics that they enable the "Errors" feature that is supposed to "This function will display the last 300 errors for your site." I usually have to ask them for each domain to enable it. It does not work without asking.

If it worked, I might be able to sort out why the full site restore isn't working.

Thanks Les.
    i
    ~He will always be my best friend, and was a better human than most people I know. Boomer - June 15 1994 - May 9, 2008~.

Loyal Client
    By the way, your looking in to this - when?
    Experience is a great teacher - I should have known better.

I have discussed the ticket in question with the shift supervisor for the responsible tech and action is being taken.

For the cpanel issue I'll see what we can do about making it a default setting.

Need a Manager?

Loyal Client
    If it was read, why would the last person install their choice of file instead of the one I requested?

CONCLUSION:
    I am back to where I started 2 days ago.

CAUSE: Too many hands spoiled the file. This is very very poor service. Now, being a starts of weekend, I gather I won't hear anything until Monday or Tuesday - maybe. Give me the weekend I had planned with friends, to spend it with JaguarPC - lovely.

Forget my suggestion to ask them to read the ticket. It went downhill from there - again.

Sorry our team let you down.

Need a Manager?