Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on PHP.ini and recent (-/- CloudLinux) changes to it in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Yesterday, CloudLinux was removed from the shared server I'm on along with some other changes. In this process, it seems php.ini files in use have ...

PHP.ini and recent (-/- CloudLinux) changes to it

Yesterday, CloudLinux was removed from the shared server I'm on along with some other changes. In this process, it seems php.ini files in use have been auto-processed, probably because some changes were needed. Sadly, it leaves them a rather hard to read mess (no comments, whether the notes that come with php, ones own, or JagPC's, seemingly random order of directives, even found a directive three times, with three different settings). Also, I can't tell what was done there on purpose for this change, and what I could still set to my own liking just fine. Meanwhile, I did have to go in there and sort some things out, as there were two things the script writer hadn't thought of, that each broke my site(s). Therefore I want to clean up that php.ini, making it 'mine' again so I can find my way around in it.

IIRC we could download the server-wide php.ini (with comments still there) from our CPanel at some point, as starting point for customization. But I can no longer find it there. I'd also like to just have the info from the script used, so I can see what settings are now (JagPC/this server) necessary. I've just asked support for this info for the 4th time. Question got completely ignored the first three times (even though it's at level 3 support now). I suppose this is valuable info to others as well. So now posting it out here (too). JagPC, or someone who found out, please let us know how to get this info. Tx!

Hello Windlord,
    I have just updated your ticket, please follow up in there. Thank you.
    Bilal B. - JaguarPC
    www.JaguarPC.com