Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on How to delete all messages in NeoMail in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I don't use NeoMail but today decided to check it out and found out I have 42,328 messages taking 42 MB! How can I delete ...

Loyal Client

How to delete all messages in NeoMail

I don't use NeoMail but today decided to check it out and found out I have 42,328 messages taking 42 MB!

How can I delete all the message in one go instead of using the slow NeoMail delete option which can only delete 20 messages at a time.

Help!

FatCatz

Loyal Client
    Nope you can delete up to 100 per page. Click on the little wrench (that will take you to your options) and set the Messages per page: to 100.

Little faster than 20 but it appears to be the only way.

GC
    gcarlyle22

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by gcarlyle
    Nope you can delete up to 100 per page. Click on the little wrench (that will take you to your options) and set the Messages per page: to 100.
    :heul: I'll still have to press the delete button 420 times.

FatCatz

Maybe risky but...

You could try this:

In your home, there's a folder called "mail". Inside is a file called "inbox". If you're talking about any account other than your main one (the one you can't change -- e.g. the only one you didn't add through CPanel), the inbox file will be in a folder one further level down, with the folder named with the email address (the "foo" portion of "[email protected]").

Rename "inbox" to "inbox.bak" and "inbox.pop" (if present) to "inbox.pop.bak". Now check your mail with whatever method you prefer, NeoMail or whatever.

If everything's fine, all the messages should be gone and you have no errors. If this is the case, just delete the two ".bak" files after logging out of NeoMail (or however you exit the mail app you use normally). You're fresh and clean.

If something's gone horribly, horribly wrong, just rename the two files to their original names. You should have all your 42K messages back and ready to delete by hand.

Voilą.

Loyal Client
    Thanks Voilą it worked!

I have reclaimed back 42 MB!!!

FatCatz

Originally posted by fatcatz
    Thanks Voilą it worked!

I have reclaimed back 42 MB!!!

FatCatz
    You're welcome -- glad it worked! Actually the "voilą" as just me saying "there you go", not really my nickname or anything. But no biggie as long as I didn't screw your account up...