Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Dolphin down? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi! I have looked at the announcements forum, and I didn't see anything about Dolphin having any problems. I have been unable to connect to ...

Loyal Client

Dolphin down?

Hi! I have looked at the announcements forum, and I didn't see anything about Dolphin having any problems.

I have been unable to connect to my site which is on Dolphin. My clients site's are inaccessible too. I can't connect via ftp, or get mail.

Any news?

Thanks!

Loyal Client
    http://dolphin.nocdns.com/

This server page works for me, but your site is not appearing.

Loyal Client
    The server page works for me too I just can't get my site/e-mail/ftp to work

hell no, we won't go!
    I just checked and I could reach both my site and a clients site (both are hosted on Dolphin). The uptime says 75 days so I'm guessing it's not the server. Could it be a routing/network issue?

EDIT:
    I tried connecting to your site and I couldn't. I would email Aletia right away. Perhaps they suspended your account or something...
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client
    Do you think it could have anything to do with my local isp? They have been having routing issues. But then again, if it were a problem with my local isp, wouldn't you guys be able to access my site(s)???

There are actually two sites that do come up. troyallred.com and selectrealty2.com but I don't know what machine they're on because it doesn't say in the unbranded control panel.

I have sent an e-mail to Aletia. I don't know why they would suspend my account. I'd better e-mail them again and give them my alternate e-mail address since I can't acces my domain mail-LOL!

When I accessed troyallred.com, while it was loading, in the statusbar it was saying some weird dns thing. I wasn't able to read it because it came and wen so fast, but it was definately a dns thing.

I'm a little worried, I don't want my clients calling me in the morning steaming mad- if it's an Aletia problem, hopefully it will be fixed by morning. Until then I'll go to bed and have a good ole nightmare :-(

Loyal Client
    Whoah- Here's something weird. Now I can ftp into all of the site's, but I still can't get them with the domain names- HOWEVER- I can access all of the site's with their ip addresses.

That has to be a routing problem right??? I don't get it.
    Frustrated

hell no, we won't go!
    I was just able to access <http://www.troyallred.com/>! But I still couldn't load your site...
    - Colin

I like food.

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar
    WHOIS on your domain shows:

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.WALSTONET.COM 209.123.141.32
    NS2.WALSTONET.COM 209.123.141.33

Not sure if that setup works; are these virtual nameservers registered correctly?
    Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/

Loyal Client
    They should be, Aletia registered them. They still haven't gotten back to me. Come to think of it, I sent a support ticket last week that I have never heard anything back on. It seems like there support has been going way down hill for a while. I hope they snap out of it, I would really hate to have to switch hosts. It would be a major pain!

If any Aletia staff read this post, please mail me at [email protected] soon

Loyal Client
    I just faxed Aletia at their "emergency" number. Hopfully they will contact me soon. If not and I hate to say it because I like Aletia, but I might have to start looking for a different host. I just can't provide the level of support to my clients that Aletia is providing to me... they deserve better.

Please Aletia contact me......I don't want to switch, but I will.

Loyal Client
    did you put a index in your public_html folder.

Loyal Client
    Of course I did. After reading your post, I checked just to be sure, and they're there in every site. This problem just started yesterday and I have had most of the domains setup for almost a year, and never had this problem before. But to answer your question, yes there is and index file in every account.

I am currently looking for a new host. I want to provide my customers with a higher level of support than Aletia is providing to me/us. :bawl:

Anyone have any suggestions on any hosts to stay away from???

Thanks!

Loyal Client
    Ok, now I know it's an Aletia problem and not a problem with my local isp because I used three differend providers (used friends dial ups) one here in my town, and two out of state, and I still have the same problems. So now I know it's an Aletia problem.

Since they have failed to even try to answer any of my support requests, not to mention the fact that I put in a support request last week regarding htaccess and I still haven't heard anything back, AND yesterday I ordered two new accounts and haven't gotten my account setup info yet, so..........

I've had it. I cannot do this to my customers and I'm switching! Goodbye Aletia, hello some other host. It's been nice, but enough is enough. It's too bad because I really liked Aletia, but any responsible business person would do the same thing and switch too. I admit it's going to be a pain in the butt switching, but in the long run at least my clients will have the kind of service and support they deserve.

Thanks Aletia ofr your previous support and service up until recently in which you have went WAY down hill. I wish you the best and hope you get all this problems solved for the rest of your clients soon so that they don't have to suffer the way me and my clients have.

Good luck everyone! :bawl: :weyes:

Loyal Client
    Hey everyone look at my post that was moved to Suggestions & Feedback titled "Note To Aletia Resellers" !!!!