Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Jag sites? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Im interested to know if clients are seeing intermitent outages on our sites jaguarpc.com and hostgui.com ? If so, is there any other sites or ...

Jag sites?

Im interested to know if clients are seeing intermitent outages on our sites jaguarpc.com and hostgui.com ? If so, is there any other sites or servers you have problems with as well?

I'm asking becuase at times I seem to have trouble reaching port80 (http) on certain sites recently although the server and services are fine.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

zaw
    Loyal Client
    My site has been gone out 3 days in a row as well as jag at the same time. Other sites on your servers are up though. I am on NS17 by the way.

Also the internet has been having problems all over US today. Many have been unable to connect to the internet or it has been going extremely slow. I am on a 1meg dsl line and it was going at 7k earlier today.

Hi everyone,

It looks to be that we had some SYN attacks on port 80 on a few servers, which caused the web server to be unresponsive on and off today. We have tracked and blocked the IP classes of the sources of the attacks and have alerted our upstream provider, whom I believe blocked the IP range of the attackers on the router level too. We have already alerted the providers and upstream providers as well and provided them with logs. We were attacked by multiple sources. It doesn't appear at this time that JaguarPC or it's network were the specific target and a lot of IP's we house on our systems were hit, so it doesn't appear that we or any of our sites were a target at this time. We have taken some measures already and are taking further measures to prevent this sort of thing and take action as fast as possible if it happens again. A lot of people didn't notice the attack, but us and our monitoring tools alerted us and we took action to stop it. We will be on high alert watching for any further attempts and are ready to take immediate action. Thank you.

Loyal Client
    Well I hope that fixes whatever was the problem. I couldn't reach Jag or my sites for several hours.
    Science Fiction and Fantasy Brought into Focus
    http://www.speculativevision.com

Hi,
    My site just went down. Before this it was going really slow. My domain is thehotweb.net , can you please look into it.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Never mind it's back up but it's still a little slow, if you could just look at that I would be greatful.
    Thank You,
    Paul

zaw
    Loyal Client
    My website zachwhite.com went down (4th day in row).

Hi, I've rebooted NS15 and NS17 a few minutes ago. They were back up, but I just rebooted NS17 again, due to it being attacked, again. I had to do this for certain features to be able to block the attacks. Sorry for the issues this caused, but I'm hoping this solves the problem, or otherwise port 80 will continue to be attacked.

Loyal Client
    Me i said this last week i was having trouble can access ftp but not http:// a lot hope its not turing away my visitors cause that could make me mad :-x Tim you said you rebooted NS17 well thats what i am on, can you at least do us the good of telling us what site is being attacked? Then maybe we can help the person out and fight back :-D cause I sure as heck can, but I wont because I do not want to cause any problems.
    E-hide.com

Originally posted by Bigdazz
    Me i said this last week i was having trouble can access ftp but not http:// a lot hope its not turing away my visitors cause that could make me mad :-x Tim you said you rebooted NS17 well thats what i am on, can you at least do us the good of telling us what site is being attacked? Then maybe we can help the person out and fight back :-D cause I sure as heck can, but I wont because I do not want to cause any problems.
    Hello,

There is no one site that's being attacked. What happens, is the attacks flood port 80, and tie it up for a few minutes. It literally makes hundreds of connections to port 80 (not the web server, just the port) on about 200 IP's at once and jst slams it. These attacking IP's are coming from leased and DSL lines, as well as other networks. There's no one source and there's not any one target. This has happened on multiple servers, and each server has bout 200 IP's hit at once. This is also not exclusive to our network either, other's are experiencing the same thing. If I had any pre-warnings or information, I'd use it to prevent this, but we are doing all we can and I'm coming up with more and more solutions. You'll notice that when it happens (if it does again, let's hope not!), that you can't access a web ite, due to it running on port 80, but you can access it via https, which is for SSL and runs on port 443. So the web server itself isn't the issue, it's just port 80.. which that alone gives me ideas and solutions.

Loyal Client
    I am down again, and when it goes back up for the few seconds its mad slow. What the hell is goin on here people... hope this has nothing to do with the PalmVersa thing, cause that would really stink...
    E-hide.com

I don't think it has anything to do with Palversa or know why it would.

Loyal Client
    Interestingly enough, I know of other sites not located by Jag that are having problems. However, it seems to be strictly related to DNS. These sites can still be accessed by IP. All of these domains use Network Solutions as the registrar