Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Eagle down?? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Ok,it seems Eagle is down at the moment. I can't go to my site or forum,neither can I ftp. ...

Loyal Client

Eagle down??

Ok,it seems Eagle is down at the moment.
    I can't go to my site or forum,neither can I ftp.

Loyal Client
    New slogan:
    "Aletia: going boldly where Hostrocket has gone before"

Loyal Client
    yup, ive noticed the same thing over here.

EHG
    i was just doing an ftp to backup my site got most of it came back to check and been disconnected and can't connect to the site or open it - so either eagle is down or lines are down - its 1642 hrs pst 03/15/02 wonder when it will come up IF IT WILL COME UP AGAIN - I GUESS SINCE THIS FORUM IS HERE ALETIA MUST STILL BE - WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME TO COME HERE ONE MORNING AND FIND IT ALL GONE!

sh*t!!

Loyal Client
    Yes, it is down for me too. Was down for a while earlier and then finally came back online. Now it is down again...

Loyal Client
    yeah...its down again for the second time now....and it was almost up for three months in a row :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

EHG
    I have edited out the misinformtion in this post which was made by a cyber challenged duck. Explanation in following message.

other then

DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK

can't believe I overlooked my own firewall - feel like a little kid that would have to write that on the black board 500 times then stand in the corner with a dunce cap!!

EHG

NEWSFLASH - DUCK EATS CROWS

DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK DUMB DUCK x 500

Well it seems that the intermittant problems with eagle this afternoon were legitimate in that I have been uinable to find any cause on my end.

HOWEVER - and it should have been quite apparent but took me some hours before i started looking 'locally' for a reason not to be able to access the site either directly, with my ftp program or with my email client. Even neotrace showed the packets being dropped at my site. Furthermore on some msg bd's or sites where I had linked some graphics files that resided on Eagle - the image's did not open just the little default x - All that sounds to me or would appear that my site and/or eagle were down

N O T

sHOULD HAVE REALIZED BY THE TIMING WHEN THE SITE WENT DOWN - I WAS USING MY FTP TO DOWNLOAD THE SITE TO MY HD SOMEHOW SOMETHING (I JUST STARTED AT 257 "/" HIGHLIGHTED AND STARTED TO DOWNLOAD ALL ) TRIGGERED BLACK ICE DEFENDER TO BLOCK MY SITE

JUST CHECKED BLACK ICE AND AT 1635 HOURS IT PICKED UP AN INTRUSION - Denial of service attempt

Details: A malformed PPTP connection request has been seen; this may crash your server.

FROM MY OWN IP NUMBER ON ALETIA - I GUESS THE WAY AROUND THIS IS TO PLUG THE IP NUMBER INTO MY FIREWALL AND DECLARE IT SAFE TO ACCEPT.

Although I'm glad eagle is up and running - and Aletia was not responsible for this interuption - Unfortunately it really does not reduce my aprehension as to the viability of Aletia - wait and see I guess.

Loyal Client
    Looks to be down again. Can anybody confirm this?

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by DeadlyDrew
    Looks to be down again. Can anybody confirm this?
    Yes,my easymonitor account notified me it was down for about 30 minutes.