Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on What will it take?! in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
A month ago -- I repeat, A MONTH AGO -- on February 13th, I contacted Aletia about cancelling my account. I have yet to receive ...

Loyal Client

What will it take?!

A month ago -- I repeat, A MONTH AGO -- on February 13th, I contacted Aletia about cancelling my account. I have yet to receive a response to my request. (I've gotten replies to my emai, saying that the guy doing the cancelling is swamped and should reply to me in a few days. One guy replied, asking for my order number... This was on February 22nd. That was the last I heard from anyone at Aletia.) I send them emails periodically... but no response.

What will it take for Aletia to cancel my account?!

Loyal Client
    I'm sure there must be a logical exclamation for this.

Loyal Client
    I really hope so...

*glares at Aletia representatives*

Loyal Client
    Well, at least they haven't deactivated your account and are ignoring your request/inquiries regarding a refund like they are doing me. I have nothing right now, no account and no money.

Loyal Client

it's looking grim

I am not the type to complain much and I have a lot of patience. In fact I used to be quite the Aletia evangelist, referring several clients. I understand that Aletia is backlogged right now, but at this point it's ridiculous and I need to vent about this.

I, too, have a month old ticket and have never received a single response from Aletia staff. A client that I referred signed up a month ago for an annual account and can't use it until this is resolved. It has been 8 days since I updated the ticket using the new ticket system. Still no response. My client is ready to cancel, but apparently that will take just as long as waiting to see if Aletia fixes our problem.

What bothers me especially is why I've had to waste so much time on the forums trying to figure out what the problem was in the first place, checking for status updates, etc. After all they've been going through, why not send an email to all Aletia customers explaining the situation and apologizing for the delays? And why not link the new ticket system from the support page where it might logically be found, or even the main site page?

At this rate, I'm sure all the people complaining about the servers being full won't have to complain for long.
    tremblingveil

Loyal Client

Re: it's looking grim

Originally posted by nyomi
    ... And why not link the new ticket system from the support page where it might logically be found, or even the main site page?
    I was thinking the exact same thing, Nyomi, when I was posting support tickets earlier this week. I just didn't want to file another support ticket to propose that idea, since it would have to be a low-priority ticket and would probably get to its destination sometime in October.

Good idea.

Loyal Client
    Yay! Mark is resolving this for me :)