Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on free domain for annually billed accounts in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I just signed up for the essential account in which I chose the annually billed account for me to avail of the free domain. I ...

Loyal Client

free domain for annually billed accounts

I just signed up for the essential account in which I chose the annually billed account for me to avail of the free domain.

I already have a domain that I would like to be my main domain name with them.

How come in the registration process it did not ask me what free domain would I like to get?

How can I avail of this free domain once my account has been setup already?

Asj54

Loyal Client
    open up a support ticket and tell them your billing and they will ask you what domain you want. then when it is registered they will give the username and password to change the information on the domain like the contact.

greg

Loyal Client

domain name

I already did open up a ticket and up to now its not being answered or rather acted upon.

asj54

Loyal Client
    As you may know, the support team has been overloaded lately. Nobody's sure what the hold-up is, but the higher-ups have apparently promised better service in the near future. Opening a support ticket was the way to go for the free domain...now it's just a matter of waiting until they have a chance to act up on. It could be a week or more.

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar
    Never asked for mine, I don't really need it.
    Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by timechange
    Never asked for mine, I don't really need it.
    BAHAHAHA.... This from the owner of 250+ domain names. Go figure.... teeheeeee

for future reference . . .

the comment box during signup is the place to request it . . .

Loyal Client

domain name

I'm sure nobody knew that when they signed up as it did not say that you should indicate it there.

Does this mean, goodbye domain name?

asj54

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar
    Originally posted by tekygonnabe

BAHAHAHA.... This from the owner of 250+ domain names. Go figure.... teeheeeee
    Exactly I have too many dammit!
    (want to buy one?)

Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/

Re: domain name

Originally posted by asj54
    I'm sure nobody knew that when they signed up as it did not say that you should indicate it there.

Does this mean, goodbye domain name?

asj54
    I only know that because I didn't know it at the time. I emailed support and explained what I wanted and indicated the domain name and all was resolved in a timely manner. After registration you will need to get the password to the domain management area to change contact info. Perhaps you should mention this when you contact them.

So in answer .... No the domain name isn't gone.

Loyal Client
    so in summary if i want to register a new domain name, such as www.newdomainname.com, i need to put that info in the comment box. and will this resolve automagically?

jp

Originally posted by Surf WRaX
    so in summary if i want to register a new domain name, such as www.newdomainname.com, i need to put that info in the comment box. and will this resolve automagically?

jp
    Well, it's not automagic. You'll actually want to explicitly state that it's the domain that you want for "free". The request is handled by the support person signing you up.

Loyal Client
    ok, then is alteia the "registrar" of my domain name?

Originally posted by Surf WRaX
    ok, then is alteia the "registrar" of my domain name?
    I posted an answer to that over here.

To avoid "subject bounce", try to keep your related questions to one thread. It's a lot easier to be sure that there's some continuity in our answers. Thanks...

but in answer ....

NO .... Aletia will be listed initially in all the fields but you will have access to the domain information and can change it to your name and also change the password.