Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Image::Magick in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi... I just upgraded to Moveable Type 2.0 and there's a new feature that creates thumbnails out of uploaded images. However, I can't seem to ...

Loyal Client

Image::Magick

Hi...

I just upgraded to Moveable Type 2.0 and there's a new feature that creates thumbnails out of uploaded images. However, I can't seem to get that feature to show up. It's supposed to automatically work if the Image::Magick module is installed... which it is.

I found this on their message boards:

There are two pieces involved in Image::Magick. there is the ImageMagick suite of tools and libraries, written in C (I think), and probably what your provider has referred to as being installed at /usr/local/lib/ImageMagick. Then there is the Perl module Image::Magick, which is a perl interface to the ImageMagick libraries. Make sure that your provider has installed *both* pieces.
    Does anybody else know anything about this?
    Any help would be much loved! <3

Loyal Client
    I had the same problems with MovableType on Eagle. First mt-check.cgi wouldn't recognize Image::Magick although Aletia's perldiver showed the module installed. Found out it was installed at /usr/bin/perl and my perl executable was in /usr/local/bin/perl. Sent off a trouble ticket and Ron fixed it.

Now mt-check.cgi said Image::Magick was installed, but that didn't fix MT. I had the same problem as you -- no option to create thumbnail in the upload file dialog.

I fixed the problem by changing the perl path in my MT CGI files from #!/usr/bin/perl to #!/usr/local/bin/perl, and rebuilding everything from inside MT.

All works OK now. Maybe this will help.

Loyal Client

that worked!

thanks SO much doglord! you ROCK!