Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on FTP accounts...? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Ahh, another question. I have my main domain/account on Aletia, and just recently I've purchased a new domain and I'm having it hosted on my ...

Loyal Client

FTP accounts...?

Ahh, another question. I have my main domain/account on Aletia, and just recently I've purchased a new domain and I'm having it hosted on my main account. Ok, so the thing is, I'd like to host people on my new domain. I don't want to give them access to all of my files. I know that when you create a seperate FTP account, it also creates a new folder for that user. I attempted to do so (my subdomain folder for the domain is synthetic-time, and I tried to create an FTP account called synthetic-time), but instead, it removed the hyphen from the account name. So, if you're still following me...how can I make either one FTP account for my new multi-hosted domain or if possible, seperate ones?

I just tried it with my cpanel and it seems to be a fault in the program... It doesn't allow hyphen for FTP accounts... Maybe you can workaround the problem, using a different character.
    Julian D. Muņoz - LANeros.com

Loyal Client
    Since it seems to be that the automatic FTP-account-creation-process removes the hyphen, the best course of action is probably to open a support ticket. They can mess with the settings manually and hopefully link the de-hyphenated account to the hyphenated subdomain.