Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Problems with domain. in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
The problem is i dont ******* have one. I paid my money (basic services $95.4 a yr) w/domain, And i NEVER got the domain registration ...

Loyal Client

Problems with domain.

The problem is i dont ******* have one. I paid my money (basic services $95.4 a yr) w/domain, And i NEVER got the domain registration email or anything. Its been 5 days. You people never answer my emails, youre never on AIM or IQC. Im getting sick and tired of this BS. I wanted to have a simple site to post my graphics at but i can even fn do that. I had to get a damn account with ipowerweb.com.(which they got me up within 24 hours) I dont want anymore tickets, no more excuses, nomore non answered emails, i just want my god damn domain (dev0tion.com). Thank you.

mod: changed some profanity to abbreviations and removed them.

Loyal Client
    I completely understand your frustration, but sadly this forum will do little good for your situation. Aletia techs rarely venture here, except for Ron, and he doesn't tend to go beyond making announcements for the most part. Try e-mailing [email protected] if you don't want to get a ticket reply.

Loyal Client
    From what I can see, dev0tion.com is still available. If I were you, I'd register go register it fast at one of the domain name registrars. Stargate.com seems like a good one ... and cheap too. Just some friendly advice, before someone else decides to take advantage of your opting to wait it out.

Loyal Client
    You MUST get you domain NOW. It looks like a good one, and now that you've announced that you want it, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to beat you to it.
    I think I would cancel the charges on the Card, and get a host that will take care of business.
    The people that have been here awhile, and don't need support often, are OK.
    Anyone who is just signing up, and needs ANYTHING other than just sending their money in, will probably end up disappointed.

Loyal Client
    :-\ . Thats not fair because i just paid off my credit card.

I am agree with Nothlit... Email Laura.. i just requested my free domain yesterday and I just checked and It's already registered: proyectame.com
    Julian D. Muņoz - LANeros.com

Loyal Client
    I just read a thread similar to mine. The guy registered his domain monday and didnt get it til thursday. The reason i went with aletia is because my friend conor at somethingleet.com recommended it to me.

Loyal Client
    If I read correctly, you have already gone to a different host. If you haven't received any account info from Aletia yet, then you can cancel the charge on your card. Main thing here is to go register that name fast before some goblin gobbles it up. Everyone here's just trying to give you some good advice m8.

I mean really! Are you that willing to gamble away your name for the sake of an extra 9 or 10 bucks?

Loyal Client
    No, i got my host/server whatever you want to call it, just not my domain name. And the other site i got is for totaly different use. I was going to use my aletia domain for my graphics.

go register it yourself. don't wait for aletia. that domain name rocks and is PRETTY tempting right now.
    - Julie
    Student / Web Developer