Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Jag Forums in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Its seems quite often that I cant login. I log in - and it says Im logged in - then when i try and post, ...

Loyal Client

Jag Forums

Its seems quite often that I cant login. I log in - and it says Im logged in - then when i try and post, it says Im not logged in.

I thought it might be my machine, but i even tried this at work - it doesn't always work there either.

I really like JaguarPC, i will probably never change ... but I cant help feeling that the instability of this support forum would scare off potential members. And that could be bad for the future of Jag :-(

Come on guys....

Tony.
    Last edited by Coyote; 02-19-2002 at 05:55 PM.

Re: Jag Forums

Originally posted by Coyote
    Its seems quite often that I cant login. I log in - and it says Im logged in - then when i try and post, it says Im not logged in.

I thought it might be my machine, but i even tried this at work - it doesn't always work there either.

I really like JaguarPC, i will probably never change ... but I cant help feeling that the instability of this support forum would scare off potential members. And that could be bad for the future of Jag :-(

Come on guys....

Tony.
    Hi, this would be a cookie issue. You are probably going to the URL of jaguarpc.net/support/forum instead of www.jaguarpc.net/support/forum. If you go to the www.jaguarpc.net/support/forum (with the www.) URL, your cookie information will be saved and work fine. That's the difference and why it might have worked before -- because you were probably using the www. part of the domain name before and not now. I didn't know that was a problem without the www. before, so we'll check it out and see if this forum allows you to declare the cookie to just use jaguarpc.net, instead of www.jaguarpc.net (that way, it should work with both). Thanks.

One thing I have found that helps to rid this issue is , go to your user cp in this forum, make sure you browse the boards without cookies.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

I click in

from the links on the site, or via a shortcut to http://www.jaguarpc.net/support/forum/ and I have that problem very often. I was blaming it on IE6.
    Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
    <cite>-- John Russell </cite>
    That's why I'm a Web designer."
    <cite>-- Diana Ward</cite>

I find I have this problem when I go to http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/forum (no trailing slash) but not when I go to http://www.jaguarpc.net/support/forum/.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Loyal Client
    Just for the record, I always go to www.jaguarpc.net then click my way through to the forums.