Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on SSL Connection Error in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
This is the error message I keep getting when I try sending email using SSL: vhelp, Connecting to the Mail Server..., EHLO james.quorumconferencing.com [01:46:35 PM] ...

bwf
    JPC Member

SSL Connection Error

This is the error message I keep getting when I try sending email using SSL:

vhelp, Connecting to the Mail Server..., EHLO james.quorumconferencing.com [01:46:35 PM]
    SSL Negotiation Failed: Certificate Error: Cert Chain not trusted. Try adding this certificate to your database for SSL to succeed Certificate bad: Destination Host name does not match host name in certificate Cause (-6995)

I added this certificate to the database for SSL as a trusted certificate and I now receive:

vhelp, Connecting to the Mail Server..., EHLO james.quorumconferencing.com [01:46:35 PM]
    SSL Negotiation Failed: Certificate bad: Destination Host name does not match host name in certificate Cause (-6984)

We are using Eudora on Win 2000. This is not happening on our other email accounts that are with a different host. It is just on our Aletia account. Could Someone please tell me what I need to do to fix the problem?

Thank You
    BWF

I don't know much about SSL, I haven't used it.

But, sending mail with SSL involves in any way the SMTP server?
    Julian D. Muņoz - LANeros.com