Web Hosting Forums

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

This is a discussion on Aletia Services in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Just thought the best way on deciding on whether this host is best for me would be to ask the community that lives of it ...

Loyal Client

Aletia Services

Just thought the best way on deciding on whether this host is best for me would be to ask the community that lives of it

So please, cast your votes and be honest, mebbe support will take note

I'm happy here though there have been problems with my server but that is getting fixed so other than that I like it. I've personally never had problems with support taking a long time to get back to me, I usually get my support tickets answered in a couple hours.
    It's cheap, you get a lot, the uptime is usually good and support is usually quick

*note the word usually
    Nomsane?
    That is all.

Loyal Client
    umm i hope whitty wasnt band for putting forward his/her opinion?

Loyal Client
    Hey Eagle...

If you wanna know from current members if this host is right for you, would you mind telling us about the theme of your website? What is it, What does it do, any Forum, Chats???

Any host will have trouble from time to time, but can they adapt... is what you wanna know about them.
    Do they adapt??? / Can they adapt??? / Will they adapt???

My answer to all 3 above questions concerning Aletia, are YES!!! The server I am on is relatively new... and we have just seen 2 more added (replacements less than a month ago) with a 3rd one popping up today, in fact!

That speaks pretty highly of their dedication to the business, and its customers... IMO

Anyway... should you choose to hop on board!

WELCOME

Loyal Client
    Basically like Whitty wrote, and the recent problems seem to be going away. I've had more support tickets lately and they are getting answered and dealt with in a timely manner.

I like it, it's cheap and they offer quite a nice package for the money. PLUS this forum is a goldmine of information

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by Eagle
    It generally will take more than that to get banned, silly!

But if you are interested, Aletia... Like everywhere else has Rules...

I have a link, in my siggy to them, if you are so inspired as to read them...

Loyal Client
    I was actually hoping to host a couple of sites within the same account, both taking only a very small amount of resources, hmmm mebbe more :P

The service does seem to offer quite alot, its nice to have more bandwidth then your ever going to need aswell as multiple db's. Thats the main attraction, im just intested in current customers opinions, im only a poor student who cant afford much but i still want a reliable service

forums would be included.. i like phpbb2.. although vbulletin is looking like a very viable option

Loyal Client
    Wow! that sure had me wondering too! It seems people have to be pretty obnoxious to be banned, he's not! So I think it's the same thing I have under my name - "just here..."

forums would be included.. i like phpbb2.. although vbulletin is looking like a very viable option
    They have an autoinstall feature for phpBB2 - very cool! I never realized how easy it could be

Loyal Client
    lol its just that he posted his/her message within 30mins and now his banned, thats all

Loyal Client
    lol its just that he posted his/her message within 30mins and now his banned, thats all
    ROFL @ Eagle

Our fellow groupie (as silly allien calls us) Whitty, has had that title for as long as I have been here...

LOL!

Indeed, no worries, I've had this title for a long time and your not the first one to fall for it There's been many in the day that have fallen for my evil plan.

Anyhoo if your just a student (like me) who isn't running a business I'd sign up for sure. The service should be more than reliable for you
    Nomsane?
    That is all.

Loyal Client
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, i pressume those guys that have selected the option "shocking, just shocking" (probably the wrong chioce of words since yankies probably are not as familiar with them ) are on some of the servers that have had some troubles.

I still havent decided mainly because there is another host in question that doesnt offer as much as Aletia but im not sure if i require those additional services. I'll have to educate myself a lil more on the benefits of dedicated ip's and ssi (i pressume thats telnet access?) b4 i make my decision, thanks for the response again guys

Loyal Client

NP

Eagle

very wise, to do more homework... in any case!

AS for dedicated IP's, mixed bag there... debate over whether they should be delved out to the average webmaster/mistress. A fellow sitepointer, which is very well respected... denies the NEED of them for every single website...

As for SSI, (server-side includes) is just as its name implies....

Good Luck in your quest, wise as you seem, you wont make a bad decision... I'm sure.

Loyal Client
    whoops.. i meant SSH, it seems as though its a form of telnet

whoops.. i meant SSH, it seems as though its a form of telnet
    SSH is always a good option. You'll never know when you are going to need it
    Julian D. Muņoz - LANeros.com