Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Site Suggestions in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I've been hired to create the Center for Dyslexia's website here in TN. It's located at: http://mtsu.edu/~dyslexia . Part of this site is run through ...

Loyal Client

Site Suggestions

I've been hired to create the Center for Dyslexia's website here in TN. It's located at: http://mtsu.edu/~dyslexia.

Part of this site is run through Aletia, but they wanted to keep the name as before, and my other site iBonk.com is fully run on Aletia.

I'm looking for some honest opinions about it. Content wise, it's almost done. Is the information easy to get to? Is it clear? Do you get lost in the site? How does it make you feel? I'm looking for some real constuctive criticism, not just based on looks.

Sometime I'll revise the first page, to make it look a bit spiffier and more friendly.

For details, it's built upon PHP and has a MySQL backend for the articles. Eventually I'll add a search option for the articles.

Thanks,
    -bonk

Loyal Client
    Hello,

I had the chance to navigate through the site and i must say that it felt very easy and clean. I didn't read the entire content so i cannot give my opinion about that but the navigation was very easy.

The site itself looks very simple but great. I have always liked sites like this. Not too much on it, just the basic things with some nice images (the butterfly looks cool).

The only thing i noticed that perhaps just perhaps needs to change a little bit is the background. The site feels i don't know too white i guess although as i already said the site looks great.... about the white thing is just my opinion.

hell no, we won't go!
    Very nice. I can easily tell what the site is about (Dyslexia), what it's trying to accomplish (Educating a various groups about Dyslexia).

The seperation of content is good and clear, the colors and layout are nice.

The only thing I would like is more pictures. You open with that nice shot, I would like to see more...

I.E. Pictures of Kids, Adults, even abstract.

Very nice.

MOD:
    I'm moving this to site review
    - Colin

I like food.

Royal pain in the @$$ timechange's Avatar
    Very good but I think you need a touch of humor, e.g. have the logo say DYLSEXIA
    Hot domain auctions on ebay: http://timechange.com/ebay/

Loyal Client
    Originally posted by timechange
    Very good but I think you need a touch of humor, e.g. have the logo say DYLSEXIA
    Heh, I've thought about that but I don't think my boss would like it.

Thanks to everyone for the input. As a side note, I'm wondering why I started this one in the PHP topic, hmm, oh well.

-bonk