Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Which design is best? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Okay, I'm considering a change, but I'm unsure about the design I came up with as a possible replacement. Which design do you like best? ...

Loyal Client

Which design is best?

Okay, I'm considering a change, but I'm unsure about the design I came up with as a possible replacement. Which design do you like best?

CURRENT: http://www.stevesdomain.net
    FUTURE: http://www.stevesdomain.net/v2/

Thanks.

Loyal Client

v1 is best!

Hi Steve,

My eyes tell me that the first site is best. I am used to having main content on the right with main menu on top and additional menus on left. I much prefer the colour scheme and fonts as well.

My two cents...

Cheers,

Gary

Loyal Client
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to compare the two designs. I've had that current design functional for a while now, so I thought it might be time for a change, but I'm not sure.

Thanks again.

Not Exactly
    The 2nd design is cleaner, but I like the layout of the 1st design. Also, I think the white background of the 1st design is nicer than the black outer background with white inner background of the 2nd.

I'm curious about the significance of the cat in the first design and the tree in the second. Just random I'm guessing?
    Ryka

Lost. Not wanting to be Found.

Loyal Client
    Hi,

Yes, those images were selected at random. I actually took the picture of the cat and just thought it looked interesting.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Not Exactly
    you took the picture of the cat? are you a professional photographer, cause it's a really good picture!
    Ryka

Lost. Not wanting to be Found.

Loyal Client
    Thanks for your comment about the cat picture. No, I'm not a professional photographer, but it is a hobby of mine. I'm only in college, so I am not a professional 'anything' yet.

God bless Nikon.

Loyal Client
    I like V1, just seems more informative and cohesive.

neat kitty

hell no, we won't go!
    Yeah, I agree with most of the posters. v1 (current) seems more readable and inviting.

I like it.
    - Colin

I like food.

Loyal Client
    Yup, version one is better.

Loyal Client
    Whew, I thought the contest would be a little closer than this. Alright, I'll stick with version 1 at the moment. Thanks to all who responded.