Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Skyrocketing Bandwidth? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I saw my bandwidth go from 100MB to 5GB in the span of a day. I opened a ticket and the response was "Well, you've ...

Loyal Client

Skyrocketing Bandwidth?

I saw my bandwidth go from 100MB to 5GB in the span of a day. I opened a ticket and the response was "Well, you've FTPed files to your subdomains recently" and cited 37MB in File uploads. Is this some sort of new math I'm not understanding?

1. Should FTP traffic be associated with a subdomain, even in the absence of an FTP account matching a subdomain? (For example, I use my main account to do the vast majority of my uploading)

2. Even after discussion with support, my bandwidth grew 1.5GB more... when I made a conscious effort not to do anything consuming.

3. The apache logs hardly reflect 1/10th of the alleged bandwidth usage.

Anyone else had this problem? At the rate things are going, I'll run out of bandwidth in a day or two, and I certainly don't think it's legit.

If there's a file that's getting DLed a lot, or something, I'd really like to know so that I can change the behavior before it costs me $.

Suggestions?

Loyal Client
    it's not reporting accurately from what i can tell.