Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on dns prob for subdomain in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
hello, I want a domain name to point at one of my subdomains. I changed the DNS servernames to the Aletia ones at the registrar ...

Loyal Client

dns prob for subdomain

hello,
    I want a domain name to point at one of my subdomains. I changed the DNS servernames to the Aletia ones at the registrar for that domain, but more than a week has since past, and I still get a DNS lookup error. Does anybody know this problem and how to deal with it?
    thanx

Loyal Client
    Did you send an email to support requesting that the domain name point to the subdomain you created?

Loyal Client
    err, I didn't, actually. I wasn't aware of the fact I had to do that. I will, now.
    Thanx!

Loyal Client
    im having the same issue, but i also have one question.

my domain is with another company, while my hosting is with aletia. if i tell aletia that i want my domain [with the other company] to point to my aletia account, cant they go into the settings of the other company that is holding my domain, and make that change?

i know that sounds confusing, if anyone gets lost, let me know i'll try fix it...