Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Domain info and renewal? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have had an aletia registered domain for almost a year. How can I access the domain info... assure that it is in my name... ...

Loyal Client

Domain info and renewal?

I have had an aletia registered domain for almost a year. How can I access the domain info... assure that it is in my name... and check the renewel status.

Thank you,

Pat

Programmer... And more... megmond's Avatar
    You should issue a support ticket at the Jaguar support site.

They should be able to help you out.

Loyal Client
    If you have never changed the contact data on your domain, chances are it is still in Aletias name. You can check all the vitals here, including the date it expires.

Loyal Client
    I checked it out as you suggested, I have never changed the contact info. It is all in the name of Jaguar now....

Querying whois.enom.com with "mcghienh.com"...

Registration Service Provided By: Jaguar Technologies LLC

Domain name: mcghienh.com

Registrant Contact:
    Jaguar Technologies LLC
    Aletia NOC ([email protected])
    1 (888) 560 3607
    FAX: 1 (281) 633 0346
    4201 SW Freeway
    houston, TX 77027
    US

Now my question is how can I set it to mine?

Thank you,

Pat

As previously indicated, you should issue a support ticket. Currently the domain name is legally owned by JaguarPC, so you do not have any say in it yourself.

However, since JaguarPC (Aletia) has registered it on your behalf, you should be able to get access to it by talking to support.

Depending on what conditions were in effect when you registered, there might be a few catches (such as if you paid for a full year to get a domain for free, etc.) but you will have to talk to support to see if this applies to you.

Loyal Client
    Ok.... thanks for the reply. I sent a ticket in yesterday and within a few hours had a reply... They said to contact Sales!!?? Then closed the ticket....

I guess that is ok if it gets resolved... and they did respond quickly. I just sent the email to sales this morning, now I sit and wait....

Pat

Yes, it seems their sales and technical departments are hardly aware of each other. It's dangerous as customers can get sent back and forth on some issues that are not clearly either's department...

Will post a suggestion about this...
    Curious? Check out my main activities at http://www.elmerproductions.com/igor

Loyal Client
    Well, very promptly, I got a complete reply from sales which pleased me... I can now do as they asked and see if the follow-ups happen. So far though, so good!

Pat

Loyal Client
    So far I am very pleased.... The info sales sent was followed, I registered on AletiaNIC and then sent sales the info on my account... within TEN MINUTES I had a reply back and my account had been moved from registryrocket and I was able to access it.

Today, I must say No Complaints... and thanks to the members here for the suggestions on how to handle it. That was a Jaguar Ticket and Jaguar Sales btw..

pat