Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on CPanel License Invalid in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
The past three days I have been unable to access my control panel or get to any e-mail for my website! I have been getting ...

Loyal Client

CPanel License Invalid

The past three days I have been unable to access my control panel or get to any e-mail for my website! I have been getting a "Cpanel License is invalid" warning each time.

Can someone from Aletia/Jaguar please correct this problem for me. I am on Stringray and my website is www.animeagency.com.

Several people have had the same problem. Looking at your domain name, I see that it's pointing to the wrong IP.

Open a support ticket and request that they update your IP on the aletia DNS servers. The one in there appears to point to your old server. The CPanel licenses expired on the old Aletia machines, so that's why you're getting the error.

Also, be sure to back up your data. The machine isn't leased by Jaguar anymore -- it's just luck that you can still see it. You'll want to be sure to grab anything that you don't already have backed up before it goes off line. Otherwise, you can still ask for it from Jaguar, but it's likely to be a couple of days out of date because I don't think they were aware that your DNS record still pointed to the old server.

Loyal Client

invalid license

ya i get the same problem...

aletia doesnt have their support tickets anymore though, and at JAguar, I cant open a support ticket because it says im not a member. I found on their site: [email protected]' or something, i emailed my situation to them there, and i got an automated response saying that I must open a ticket in order to get my question answered....

What should i do?

Jaguar's ticket system requires that you first register a user name and password in order to use it, much like the forums. The user name and password that you provide need not be the same as the ones on your Aletia account.
    The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
    - Paul Valery