Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is a discussion on Double Billing in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have been billed $9.95 by both Jaguar PC and Pay Systems. Several days ago I sent an email to both Pay Systems and Jaguar ...

Loyal Client

Double Billing

I have been billed $9.95 by both Jaguar PC and Pay Systems. Several days ago I sent an email to both Pay Systems and Jaguar PC requesting that this error be addressed. As of this date (11/4/02), I have not received the pleasure of a response from either entity.

As there is no telephone support number that I can find listed for Jaguar PC, it is requested that someone from Jaguar PC advise me how I may contact you to resolve this matter. I wish to resolve this matter prior to my contacting my credit card company and the Texas Attorney General's office.

Your lack of reponse is most troubling.

Loyal Client
    I had the same problem. I was told it was corrected and would be credited. So far, it has not. Please expedite these corrections.

Loyal Client

Double Billing

Forget my original post. I don't have time for this nonsense. I contacted my credit card company and they took care of it immediatley.

Loyal Client
    ... I'm still waiting ...

Loyal Client
    Yesterday I sent the fourth e-mail to [email protected] in two weeks and my problem is still unresolved. After the second e-mail I did get a message back from them asking me to send them my paysystems number, but after that... nothing.

There has got to be a better way for Jaguar/Aletia to resolve these billing problems!

<sigh>

Loyal Client

Call Your Credit Card Issuer

I grew tired of dealing with the double billing issue. I called my credit card company and merely asked for advice regarding how to handle this situation. According to them, I had given both Jaguar PC and Pay Systems ample time to respond. Since neither company responded to my concerns, my credit card company issued a charge back and credited one of the double charges to my account while I was still on the telephone with them. According to the credit card representative, they would make an inquiry into the matter. I hope they have better luck than I did.

I finally did get a response from a real person via the Trouble Ticket System advising me that I needed to send an email to billing at Jaguar PC regarding the double billing matter. Talk about getting the runaround, that's where I started.

Like most people, I am a very busy person. I simply needed to lay the issue to rest. I had given Jaguar PC ample time to respond, and for whatever reason, they didn't. The least they could have done was provided information concerning the double billing issue, and provided a time period for when a resolution would be at hand.

I understand that there will be glitches with Jaguar PC taking over Aletia, but double charges could have been avoided by simply giving people some advance notice and advising customers to cancel the Pay Systems debits prior to entering new billing information into the Jaguar PC system. Preferably, this could have been done by email since I'm sure many customers do not take nor have the time to peruse the Forums.

This entire situation appears to have been poorly initiated.

Loyal Client
    My problem isn't double billing from PaySystems and Jaguar, my problem is I made an annual payment in July. Then in October, Jaguar sent me an invoice for monthly service. Unless they resolve this problem, I'll be billed again in two weeks for November.

The funny thing is, when we had to enter our name, address and credit card info into Jaguar's database, I e-mailed support and told them I was listed on the monthly plan. They assured me that it would get corrected to the annual plan. It never was.

With my problem, I don't think cancelling through my credit card will solve anything.

Programmer... And more... megmond's Avatar
    JonathanB, you might want to ask [email protected] about it again. For me, the monthly was changed to yearly properly after a while. There were others who had problems after that, but I haven't heard anything about those for a while.

Something may have gone wrong in you case, and it's definately something for billing to fix.
    Curious? Check out my main activities at http://www.elmerproductions.com/igor

Loyal Client
    A quick check of my Jaguar account still shows me on the monthly plan. It's been a week since my last e-mail to [email protected]. Guess it's time for another one.

Loyal Client
    I have been billed twice in 2 weeks for my monthly hosting through 2checkout.com

Anyone had this happen and got it resolved. I have sent a mail to billing but I won't hold my breath as they still haven't responded to one I sent a month ago about a months free hosting due to downtime.

jen[imported]
    Personally I don't think it has anything to do with a "glitch" involving the takeover. At least my experience doesn't.

I said I would post about the timeliness of my refund that Greg promised, so here it is. The following email thread seems crystal clear, looks like I'm getting the run around.

I'd wanted to give them a chance to do the right thing but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working. If anyone is interested, here is a link to the better Business Bureau:
    http://bbb.org/bbbcomplaints/Welcome.asp#do

Wonder how fast this post will be edited/deleted.

"Billing Dept." <[email protected]> wrote:

To:
    Subject: Re: Refund
    Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:44:23 -0600

Hi,
    What is this email for, please advise?

Regards,

Greg - [email protected]
    Jaguar Technologies LLC
    http://www.jaguarpc.com

>
    >
    > Jennifer Madden wrote:
    > Billing:
    > This is my 3rd request to cancel my account and be credited a refund. First request was sent 11/04/02 along with requested
    information.

> Any communication on why this has not yet been fulfilled is appreciated. Please follow through with your promise below and inform
    me when it occurs.
    > Regards,
    > Jenifer

> "Billing Dept." wrote: Hi Jennifer,
    > We can not refund you for portions of the service you already used, credit would be applied to your account in the form of
    > additional months of service. If you want to cancel your account we can refund the unused portions, please let us know your site
    > named, order ID number, and last four digits of the credit card on file.
    >
    > Regards,

> Greg - [email protected]
    > Jaguar Technologies LLC
    > http://www.jaguarpc.com
    >
    >
    >
    > > I am writing to request a full refund so that I may
    > > host my site elsewhere.
    > >
    > > The amount paid for a year in advance in mid August
    > > (not by choice) was $95.40. Since I am owed more than
    > > 2 months of credit per your downtime policy, refunding
    > > the whole amount should not be a problem.
    > >
    > > Please respond before I am forced to persue other
    > > means of action.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Jennifer
    > >
    > >

The credit for downtime most likely works like a store credit. Kind of a use it at the store or lose it deal (unless you had cancelled within the first 30 days). As a neutral observer, it seems to me you should be billed for the time you used at the going monthly rate. But you are certainly entitled to a prompt refund of whatever was paid in excess of that amount. Anything beyond that would be at Jaguar's discretion.
    The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
    - Paul Valery

jen[imported]
    So I guess it is pretty clear what the email is about then?

The problem I had was the definition of "time used". I hardly consider the month of October used, and since I had repeatedly requested that my billing cycle be changed to month to month back in August, that would have entitled me to at least one month of credit. Bottom line is, because they did not respond to my requests, they don't have to credit me.

But that is water under the bridge and at this point I would be happy to just be refunded for the remainder of the year that was charged to me without my permission.

I suggest people inform their credit card company or bank and either change the number or make sure they know what should and should not be charged. Jag might be more inclined to respond to them more professionally than they have to clients.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give on how to go about recovering my loss.

Loyal Client
    Well, after my fourth e-mail to [email protected], Greg finally resolved my problem. For what it's worth, they extended the expiration for my annual payment one month, to cover the cost of the double billing.

Just thought I post the good news, so others might have some hope.

Loyal Client
    guess i better send an email there too

i canceled this joke of a service in june or july and now they charged my checking for a years worth of service.
    If my checks bounce ill be royaly pissed off. You fools better get your act together.

maybe i can just hack their systems and put an end to all the dikin around on eveyone.

If you cant tell, im less than happy about this situation, as it looks that the other few subscribers you guys have are too. As a business site, which i had up on thi ssad server, i cant believe the horrid customer service that happends here. Id be dead in a week if i did this to people.
    guess they figure its a big internet and they will always get new customers, who knows.

just refund my goddamn money now!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast