Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Uploading through a webpage in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
From what I understand searching through other posts we should be able to have a password protected page that lets a user upload .gif/.jpg/.png files? ...

Uploading through a webpage

From what I understand searching through other posts we should be able to have a password protected page that lets a user upload .gif/.jpg/.png files?

I have been trying to fix a problem I have with PHPShop uploading images and this is the last thing I can think of that could be wrong.

Yes, you can allow users to upload files to the server through a PHP script. Make sure all permission settings are correct. You may want to check with the developers of the script to make sure all is setup properly or this information is usually within an "install" or "readme" file as well.
    Eric E. [[email protected]]
    Jaguar Technologies, LLC
    JaguarPC.com * DedicatedSpace.com

mkaufman
    Hello,

You may want to check at HotScripts, they have an extremely large directory of several different types of scripts.

Here is the category you are looking for: http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...pload_Systems/

Thanks for the info guys.

I found PHPShop (the software I am using) through hotscripts in the first place. I guess I can look again and see if there is a better free store.

Driving me crazy trying to figure out why it won't work. I have changed and changed again the permissions on ever thing I can find trying to get it to work.
    Doug
    http://safedatasolutions.com

Loyal Client
    You could try www.oscommerce.com - dont know if its any good, but sure looks good.

Loyal Client

Check permissions

Hi

check permissions on your Images directory - they should probably be 777 for that directory for the image upload to work