Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on Moving MySQL and PHP-Nuke Content From Current Hosting Company in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I have PHP-Nuke content and MySQL database with another provider. My site is down 10% each day, so I'm going to change providers. Can I ...

JPC Member

Moving MySQL and PHP-Nuke Content From Current Hosting Company

I have PHP-Nuke content and MySQL database with another provider. My site is down 10% each day, so I'm going to change providers. Can I do an FTP download/upload and move existing PHP-Nuke content and MySQL database intact?

Please advise any issues that I might need to prepare for on this move. Thanks.

Ehman

The files should transfer OK with an FTP transfer, but you won't be able to get at your database that way. The easiest thing to do, if your current host provides you with phpMyAdmin (or something similar), is use it to make a dump of your database tables (select structure and data). This will export all of your data to a text file. You can upload this file into phpMyAdmin on your server at JPC and that will restore your data.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com