Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on problems connecting to mysql database via MS ACCESS in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
i download data from my mysql database in to MS ACCESS using the TDX Mysql driver and I have never had problems with it... but ...

Loyal Client

problems connecting to mysql database via MS ACCESS

i download data from my mysql database in to MS ACCESS using the TDX Mysql driver and I have never had problems with it... but all of sudden i am getting an access denied error when i try to connect. any ideas why this is happening?

Perhaps the IP / name of the machine you download to has changed?

You have to have this filled out under 'access hosts' at the MySQL subpage of your control panel.

My ISP sometimes assigns me a new IP and then I have to change it on that page to get access again.
    Regards,

Wim Heemskerk
    ---
    Visit MeCCG.net - Cardgaming in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth
    And Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store

Re: problems connecting to mysql database via MS ACCESS

Originally posted by deras
    i download data from my mysql database in to MS ACCESS using the TDX Mysql driver and I have never had problems with it... but all of sudden i am getting an access denied error when i try to connect. any ideas why this is happening?
    Where might one obtain this TDX MySQL driver?
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    My Site: StarCraft Sector | My vB Forums: Forum Sector
    E-Mail: [email protected] | AIM: CeleronXL | ICQ: 118648739 | MSNM: [email protected] | YIM: celeronxl

Loyal Client
    its free.. just type the name into google and you should find it... its great... you need to add your computer's ip address as an access point to in the mysql tool of cpanel, and creat a username and password that has access to all databases you want to access, that was the only tricky part for me.

Loyal Client
    i got it installed and linked to my database..but having problems updating it from access. i updated it once from access but only once .. when i try to export ..i get error: Information type out of range (#0)