Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Merged: Support in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Hi. My wife has been having trouble getting in touch with tech support since the transition to Jaguar. Was Aletia's Tech support laid off, or ...

JPC Member

Technical Support Nonexistent?

Hi.

My wife has been having trouble getting in touch with tech support since the transition to Jaguar. Was Aletia's Tech support laid off, or what?

her website has been down for over 4 weeks now, with no updated response as to why.

I was going to wait until today and call the 877 number listed in jaguar's WHOIS information, but shockingly that information was changed in the past 48 hours to 123-456-7890 I guess they can't handle the load of calls! surprise surprise!

1037643179 is the reference number. The site used to be on Kiwi, (not sure if that's now known as Uranium) But since I'm paying the bills, ive put a stop payment on all services for Jaguar until this is fixed.

My question.... is a Pink Floyd quote:

o/` hello hello, is there anybody in there? just nod if you can hear me... is there any one home? o/`

feel free to PM me

Jon
    Loyal Client
    I often feel the same way. It's v v difficult to collar a live person in the support dept. I think billing is the same as well.

Loyal Client
    Aletia is no more. You need to open up a support ticket here:
    https://jaguar.nocdirect.com/support...wonderdesk.cgi

What is the addy of your website?

Loyal Client
    Hi,

I think we did have a lot of communication problems especially during the server moves since unexpectedly the supposed to be smooth trasnfers ended up with so many problems.I hope we have been able to cover up on it these days and sped up our responses.Any suggestions regarding how we could serve you all better would be welcome
    Lijoe Antony [lijoe@chakkys.com]
    Poornam Info Vision Pvt. Ltd.
    chakkys.com
    bobcares.com
    poornam.com
    jaguarpc.com

DIS
    Loyal Client

Question What's up with support??

It has taken 3 days to get around to a recent ticket recent being 4 days old now.

Thank's Masood for taking care of it.

I have another ticket that has been in for over 24 hours. So much for the guaranteed 24 hour response time.

This is not a rant nor an attack on Jaguar Technologies. Typically the response time is excellent to tickets. I just would like the powers that be, to be aware there may be an issue with the ticket system. Perhaps notifications are being delyed for some reason??

I realize there have been quite a few issues of late and the Jaguar team has done an exceptional job with their efforts to resolve them.

But really what's up? Is it just me? Do I smell? Have I done something to offend? Seriously, the response time to tickets lately could really use some improvement.

Loyal Client
    i'm in the exact same boat.

As Jag said earlier, when something goes wrong on the servers, everyone opens tickets to report it (some people even open several tickets). This does nothing to help spped up response times, in fact, it hinders it, because every ticket needs to be looked at and responded to.

I don't know what you do for a living, but imagine you had a big deadline to meet. Which would you prefer: having your boss give you the assignment and letting you work on it privately, or having him or her give it to you and then stopping in to your office every 5 minutes to see how its going? I'd suspect that you'd prefer to be left alone and you'd probably be a lot more productive that way, too. Its the same for the techs.

Jag mentioned earlier that the number of tickets being submitted now that there are problems has greatly increased. While many of these are probably frivolous, they still all have to be looked at, and that takes time. Plus the techs are busy solving the problems, which is the top priority.

Yes, ticket response is slow right now, but given the circumstances, I think its understandable.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

brs
    Loyal Client
    Gee it'd be great if there were a nice status page somewhere..

Anyone?

Having spent plenty of time in the support trenches myself, I agree with Jason 100% on this one.

That is not to dismiss the absolutely legitimate concerns that others have voiced here. Customer support and service at Jaguar definitely need beefing up, and soon. In business, one may only count on the good will and patience of customers for so long before losing them to the competition. One has a limited window of opportunity to address a customer's concerns and perform damage control. This last week seems to have really tested the limits for some of the clients here, justifiably or not.
    Last edited by lookout; 04-08-2003 at 11:42 PM.
    The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
    - Paul Valery

You can view a network status page if you log into the client section of the site. Use your main account name and password to do so. Here's the link:

https://secure.jaguarpc.com/clients/network.php

Be aware that while it can be a good indicator, it is not foolproof.
    - Paul Valery

Loyal Client
    I am waiting for an answer to my ticket I made 6 days before. The secure server (secure32.nocdirect.com) does not work. We are a hotel chain in Spain and we can't charge our clients. That's a disaster and we have to change the ISP if that won't be solved now. What can we do?

DIS
    Loyal Client
    Originally posted by lookout
    In business, one may only count on the good will and patience of customers for so long before losing them to the competition. One has a limited window of opportunity to address a customer's concerns and perform damage control. This last week seems to have really tested the limits for some of the clients here, justifiably or not.
    I understand the strains of the support tech and absolutly appreciate their efforts, when they are timely.

This last week has been the final straw for two clients. Jag and I both loose. If I don't have the responce I need to ticket # 1049763452 (incase support techs are browsing this forum) it will cost us another client.

DIS
    Loyal Client
    Originally posted by jason
    I don't know what you do for a living, but imagine you had a big deadline to meet. Which would you prefer: having your boss give you the assignment and letting you work on it privately, or having him or her give it to you and then stopping in to your office every 5 minutes to see how its going? I'd suspect that you'd prefer to be left alone and you'd probably be a lot more productive that way, too. Its the same for the techs.
    --Jason
    Jason I handle Network support and administration for various companies. So yes I truly understand the support process. If I left our clients hanging for 24 hours without a response I would be out of a job on the 25th hour. It would never ever reach 3 days without a response.

Under no circumstances is it understandable and to the client it is unacceptable. Weather true or not and I suspect not this kind of response time protrays a lack of respect for the client from their perspective.

DIS
    Loyal Client
    Originally posted by lookout
    You can view a network status page if you log into the client section of the site. Use your main account name and password to do so. Here's the link:

https://secure.jaguarpc.com/clients/network.php

Be aware that while it can be a good indicator, it is not foolproof.
    Something else for Jag to look into https://secure.jaguarpc.com/clients/network.php is available to anyone without logging in. This probably makes it really easy for hackers and the mad men of DoS to find and target servers.

This is not meant as a sarcastic remark, nor one to further stir to pot. But from your post, I gather you already know the answer. It's completely understandable how such a lack of response might sour one's relationship with JaguarPC.

I once would have told you Wolli to update your ticket (perhaps once or twice a day) to say that you are still waiting for support, but my personal experience is that this has had little effect lately. I suspect this simply reflects the tech staff's priorities in stablizing servers before addressing problems on individual accounts, though I may be wrong. You could always post your ticket number here, or PM Jag, hoping that it will find its way to a tech. That of course should be done only as a last resort, after it's clear that the ticket system has had a fair chance to work.

How much more time to invest in waiting for resolution is something every customer must evaluate for themselves. I know I certainly am.
    - Paul Valery

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast