Web Hosting Forums

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Is Mercury having HTTP problem?? in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
Yesterday and today, I've been getting HTTP 500 - Internal server error Is anyone experiencing the same symptom on Merc?? I suspect may be related ...

Is Mercury having HTTP problem??

Yesterday and today, I've been getting
    HTTP 500 - Internal server error

Is anyone experiencing the same symptom on Merc??

I suspect may be related to Apache issue that Merc is having so I didn't bother opening a ticket.

I don't know if you were moved recently, but you might want to check this out:

http://forums.jaguarpc.com/showthrea...&threadid=9237
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL 2010

I'm afraid I need to bump this thread.

I'm at work and I can't access my site.

HTTP problem again.

You should open a ticket. If you have an http problem its definitely not related to the same old problem. The new mercury is a completely fresh Os and install of everything.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at [email protected].

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Have you tried doing a traceroute from work? It may be a network problem somewhere, completely outside of JPC's control.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

Originally posted by Jag
    You should open a ticket. If you have an http problem its definitely not related to the same old problem. The new mercury is a completely fresh Os and install of everything.
    I have an outstanding ticket. I'll update my ticket. I just thought I'd ask if any merc users are having similar difficulties since the move. I must add that so far this was the first time I've noticed it since the move so it must be more stable.

What I am experiencing is similar to the old problem.

Jason, traceroute was unneccessary (sp?) because it was working a few minutes prior to me posting here. And after a few minutes it was back up again. Like I said above, similar problem as b4.

My inquiry is more exploratory than anything else.

Thanks guys

say what?
    You're not the only one...seems http went down yesterday about the same time for a couple hours for me, too. Here I go to open yet another ticket...I haven't opened so many tickets in the past week or two as I have in all the time I've been a customer. I'm a little distraught.

Loyal Client

Thumbs down More than one of us with these problems.

HarmonWorks, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been sending in more tickets than I have before. This is very frustrating because I am taking an online class and it is a NECESSITY that someone access my site and they haven't been able to in the past two nights. It makes me look bad. I've never considered switching hosts, but if this continues on... or else someone take me off of Mercury.

- Sarah

Please include traceroutes if you are having problems. Apache is not having any similar problems to what were experienced on the "old" Mercury so you may be experiencing routing issues or other.
    Eric E. [[email protected]]
    Jaguar Technologies, LLC
    JaguarPC.com * DedicatedSpace.com

Loyal Client
    I haven't personally witnessed it having problems in the last few days, just been informed by my visitors that they have troubles accessing it.

I do see an error message on my front page, www.even-deeper.com, since the move. The counter does not display and says:

"Could not write to counter file: /var/cpanel/Counters/even-dee.dat"

- Sarah

Loyal Client

Site down 4 times last night.

Last night I used NetMechanic.com to track my site's uptime and it says that my site went down 4 times within an 8-hour time period. 2:00 a.m. EST, 5:00 a.m., and twice around 6:00 a.m. The results can be found here:

http://scp.netmechanic.com/reports/f.../07-023128.htm

- Sarah

Loyal Client
    I'm on Mercury as well....The uptime has been absolute s#IT the last few days. Get with the program Aletia. 3 days with limited uptime. You think by now that you guys would know how to fix these things faster. Great service guys.

Loyal Client
    today is friday may 23rd and my HTTP is down again.

I am unsatisfied with Mercury's performance.

Loyal Client
    actually, I just read the news and it seems like mercury had a hard drive die. The message said jaguar was replacing it and restoring user data and should take only an hour...

Loyal Client
    Check the News & Announcements forum.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast