Web Hosting Forums

This is a discussion on MySQL errors - setup of phpnuke in the Hosting Talk & Chit-chat forum
I had phpnuke 5.6 setup and running a while ago before jailshell. I recently deleted all directories and MySQL databases. Now I'm trying to install ...

Loyal Client

MySQL errors - setup of phpnuke

I had phpnuke 5.6 setup and running a while ago before jailshell. I recently deleted all directories and MySQL databases. Now I'm trying to install phpNuke 6.7 and I can't run the sql script.

To begin with, I couldn't create a db using mysql. So, I created one with cpanel. It gave it a prefix (eg: peaks_nuke). Then I tried to run the nuke.sql script with the command mysql < nuke.sql -- ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'peaksne@localhost' (Using password: NO). If I connect directly through mysql with a \r peaks_nuke I get the following error: ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'peaks_nuke'

I must be missing something obvious. I don't remember it being this difficult to setup before. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by peaks; 07-31-2003 at 05:40 PM.

Just upload the dump file using phpMyAdmin...
    DISCLAIMER Any resemblance between the views expressed above and those of the owners and operators of this system is purely coincidental. Any resemblance between these views and my own are non-deterministic. The existence of Vin DSL is questionable. The existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise in the second-order coefficient.

No Guts, No Story! VinDSL © 2010

The correct syntaxt to load a dumpfile to your database is:

mysql -uYOURUSERNAME -p account_dbname < dumpfile.sql

Then, you'll be asked for a password, enter your account password, and hit enter.
    Julian D. Muñoz - LANeros.com

When you create a database with the CPanel, no one is allowed to access it by default. You also need to create a user (farther down the page where you created the database) and then associate that user with the database.

All databases and database usernames will be prefixed with your account's username (peaks_nuke, peaks_nukeuser, for example). This is just done to prevent conflicts with multiple users creating similarly named databases.

--Jason
    Jason Pitoniak
    Interbrite Communications
    www.interbrite.com www.kodiakskorner.com

JPC Member
    the mysql datbase sectino in the CPanel is currently not redirecting is this just a small issue or should I enter in a ticket. I tried creating a db through phpmyadmin but I get access denied trying to do it also.