Our forum Area

This is a discussion on bunny.nocdirect.com - Did anyone get an email about server upgrades on the 18th July? in the Reseller Hosting forum
I'm on bunny.nocdirect.com and recently had a few sites go offline due to a server upgrade. PHP and SQL versions were updated and some older ...

Loyal Client

bunny.nocdirect.com - Did anyone get an email about server upgrades on the 18th July?

I'm on bunny.nocdirect.com and recently had a few sites go offline due to a server upgrade. PHP and SQL versions were updated and some older sites were offline (along with annoyed clients) as a result.

I received no email notification nor was it announced on this forum but support have told me that an email was sent out. I have asked support for a test email to see if the problem is at my end but I have also been told that this is not possible (which sounds weird to me seeing that email services are a core part of the Jaguar PC business).

So did anyone receive an email about this update on or around 18th July 2017? If so, please let me know so I can get to the bottom of where the problem is.

Thanks,
    Christian.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by cbenci View Post
    I'm on bunny.nocdirect.com and recently had a few sites go offline.............
    So did anyone receive an email about this update on or around 18th July 2017? If so, please let me know so I can get to the bottom of where the problem is.

Thanks,
    Christian.
    Not on "bunny" but did on another nocdirect.com server and that was for the 13th, with a whole 2 days notice. Actually, consider time and not everyone is awake at their comp 24/7, about 10 hours.. And like you, PHP was killed because "...it's EOL and not supported." Why do server charges never go EOL! I guess it's how software bakers stay in business - move a few icons, change the version number than abandon users under the sorriest excuse ever by calling it EOL or "we need more money so we are going to change the title and charge more.' It's a Microsoft thingy. Jaguar is caught in the middle and unfortunately, we are caught - period. I'd like to EOL those that decide we need more icons in a different location. For that is all that some it seems to do.

Don't feel bad. I lost several sites and clients last year when Jaguar was forced into an upgrade and all clients lost all SQL files.

If I were you, I wouldn't be High Nooning, I'd be trying to pacify my clients, looking for replacements, and figure out to fix all those sites that no longer work with the major changes you might have that we had. I found that even backups couldn't be restored because of the changes.
    ~He will always be my best friend, and was a better human than most people I know. Boomer - June 15 1994 - May 9, 2008~.

Are you getting other emails from the system such as invoices and ticket replies? Notices should be sent for all of these upgrades. We all hate these forced upgrades since it is nothing but problems for everyone and perpetual headaches.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer