Our forum Area

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Forums upgrade issue in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
Forums were upgraded today. Although our designers updated the theme in advance to avoid any issues, we do see there are some issues with css. ...

Forums upgrade issue

Forums were upgraded today. Although our designers updated the theme in advance to avoid any issues, we do see there are some issues with css. Please feel free to post issues here on this thread so they can be forwarded to design team. Thanks for your help.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Check out the forum home page with Chrome..

Banned
    Thanks Gwaihir. There are obviously a few kinks left over from the most recent update. We are looking into it.

We have asked designer to go through all pages to fix stylesheet. We'll keep you updated here. Thanks.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]Masood N. [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Chief Technical Officer[/COLOR][SIZE="3"] JaguarPC.com[/SIZE]

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Would have been a GREAT project to work on developing process and procedure. Specification, development, alpha testing, UAT, beta testing, rollout.

You guys keep missing the opportunities.

If I didn't know better, it's almost like you are giving great lip-service to the concept of improvement and not putting in the required efforts.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Would have been a GREAT project to work on developing process and procedure. Specification, development, alpha testing, UAT, beta testing, rollout.

You guys keep missing the opportunities.

If I didn't know better, it's almost like you are giving great lip-service to the concept of improvement and not putting in the required efforts.
    Thats overkill, our forums have been updated 100 + times in 14yrs. We dont need to run things like this through some elaborate overkill of processes. Its 3rd party software, and a design is just a design. They made an upgrade that broke our design so we have to have designers patch it again.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at QA@jaguarpc.com.

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

was loyal client until...
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Greg View Post
    ... We dont need to run things like this through some elaborate overkill of processes ...and a design is just a design. They made an upgrade that broke our design ...
    Perhaps not such an elaborate process is needed as Ron suggested, nonetheless to have the forums appearing like this and for so many hours today does tend to further erode confidence in the level of professionalism at Jag.

Over and over I get a sense of burnout that just makes me want to run for the exits

I totally agree with gohighvoltage. I have seen both of those issues at several web hosting companies as well as here. Both are on my list to correct here. I would add other common web host issues such as answering all questions in a ticket, providing fuller replies, and anticipating the next question. We are working on a more comprehensive manual and better training for incoming techs to include a course on customer service. We do currently look for site down tickets in the queue but are discussing a better way to handle those.
    Katrina | Tech Support Manager
    JaguarPC.com
    Helpful Link: http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/kbase/

Banned
    *clap clap clap* deep in the Heart of Texas
    It is truly amazing how a simple post on an upgrade issue to the forums has totally been blown up into this. The upgrade issue is truly not that big of an issue, the forums still work just fine, the formatting is off. It will be fixed when the designers can get it fixed, in the meantime as I said it is just not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Greg,
    OF COURSE it's overkill for a stupid forum. That's where you LEARN HOW TO DO IT.

LEts add, The next time you Insult the CEO of the company, you get banned as well.

Leave any ugliness out of the thread children. As for the forum, yes this is a ridiculous mistake. The project manager should have made certain it was tested and looking good in the dev server we setup for the new update.

This shows me at least where some problems lie in rolling out newness.
    Greg Landis | Founder
    JaguarPC | World leader in webhosting since 1998.
    How are we doing? Tell us at QA@jaguarpc.com.

Need a Manager?

(pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer
    (pm) | (email) Larry, Customer Service Manager

Most of the issues, as you may have noticed, have been fixed. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience during last 2 days. If there is any pending issue please feel free to post them here.

Ron
    Loyal Client
    Birthdays show "Array" instead of usernames.
    Good luck

Thanks. Passed it on.
    Katrina | Tech Support Manager
    JaguarPC.com
    Helpful Link: http://www.jaguarpc.com/support/kbase/

Ron
    Loyal Client
    It appears the birthday list is working (well, at least a single birthday appears). The who's online page has the same array issue.

Who's Online - JaguarPC Community - Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, cPanel VPS Hosting, Virutal Private Servers, Hybrid Servers, Dedicated Servers, Managed Servers
    Good luck

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast