Our forum Area

This is a discussion on Improved TLS configurations? in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
[Edited for security] ...

Loyal Client

Improved TLS configurations?

[Edited for security]
    Last edited by JPC-Zachary; 03-13-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by GBee View Post
    [Edited for security]
    Your post has been edited for security reasons. A public forum is not the place to discuss "potential" security issues.

The tool you use is limited in determining true vulnerability though. For example, it test for heart bleed and the server that it was run against wasn't even vulnerable to heart bleed. Depending on whether it is a CentOS 5 or CentOS6 boxes greatly determines what we can do, what apache and openssl version cPanel supports based on the OS version. There are so many factors that grader does not take into account.

I ran through some newer servers through the tool, we rated very well. We always do the best to balance security, usability and customer needs.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

Loyal Client
    I'd point out that the tool in question is very highly respected among security professionals, though no tool can be 100% effective without actually exploiting conditions. If you weren't concerned about the results, then I don't suppose you would have felt the need to remove them 'for security' reasons.

However what you choose to do about it is up to you and your customers, it won't affect me for much longer as after 13 years(?) I'm in the process of moving on to greener pastures - I've outgrown shared hosting and want more control over the security of my websites and email.

We'd be happy to help you with those pastures GBee. Whethere it is a VPS, Dedicated Server, or a Cloud platform we gotcha covered.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

Loyal Client
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for something closer to home (UK). Historically US based hosts offered much better value for money, but local and EU companies have more than caught up, which combined with changes in the exchange rate means hosting in the US no longer makes financial sense.

Added to that, my customers and I have better legal protection if I host within the jurisdiction of the EU/UK. It won't be long before the US no longer appears on the 'safe harbour' list, which would make it illegal to store any personal data of an EU citizen on a server there.