Our forum Area

This is a discussion on 72 Hour Automatic Ticket Close Time Is Absurd in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
I had created a ticket last week to have some things transferred to a new server. By the time the approvals and other prerequisites were ...

72 Hour Automatic Ticket Close Time Is Absurd

I had created a ticket last week to have some things transferred to a new server. By the time the approvals and other prerequisites were done it was Thursday afternoon. Friday was a holiday for us and on weekends we usually don't work.

The tech left off by asking me for a password. I wasn't going to be available to give that password until today. So since 72 hours passed the ticket was automatically closed. So I have to go back and redo everything from scratch. This is very maddening. Can this be changed to a more reasonable time period?

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Kowalski View Post
    I had created a ticket last week to have some things transferred to a new server. By the time the approvals and other prerequisites were done it was Thursday afternoon. Friday was a holiday for us and on weekends we usually don't work.

The tech left off by asking me for a password. I wasn't going to be available to give that password until today. So since 72 hours passed the ticket was automatically closed. So I have to go back and redo everything from scratch. This is very maddening. Can this be changed to a more reasonable time period?
    I'm sorry if you feel 72 hours isn't long enough. It is our goal to move every issue to a resolution state as quickly as possible and the notices are apart of this. You can simply re-open the ticket by responding to the multiple pending closure e-mails or the final notice with the new information. The case will automatically be re-opened.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

Quote Originally Posted by JPC-Zachary View Post
    I'm sorry if you feel 72 hours isn't long enough. It is our goal to move every issue to a resolution state as quickly as possible and the notices are apart of this. You can simply re-open the ticket by responding to the multiple pending closure e-mails or the final notice with the new information. The case will automatically be re-opened.
    So responding to a closed ticket will re-open it? That's good to know.

Zach, if you are still around can you please look into ticket #928615 and make sure they don't make any DNS changes as I requested. They said they won't migrate anything until after 8pm CST to avoid down time. There should not be any down time as the DNS settings will not be changed. If they change the DNS settings I will go crazy.

Loyal Client
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Kowalski View Post
    So responding to a closed ticket will re-open it? That's good to know.

Zach, if you are still around can you please look into ticket #928615 and make sure they don't make any DNS changes as I requested. They said they won't migrate anything until after 8pm CST to avoid down time. There should not be any down time as the DNS settings will not be changed. If they change the DNS settings I will go crazy.
    Correct, it will re-open the ticket.

It doesn't look like that was the right ticket (that did not contain language about DNS changes). I did find the other ticket and made a note on it. Ivan also confirmed on the ticket no DNS changes would be made.
    Zachary | Chief Customer Officer
    JaguarPC.com

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

How are we doing? Tell us at qa@jaguarpc.com.

Thanks Zach, I appreciate everything.

Loyal Client
    I think that 72hrs is more than sufficient for almost every ticket. Your case was something particular but that time will help keeping the "waiting" status low for almost all of the tickets thatget stucked in that status.