Our forum Area

This is a discussion on Suspension due to malware, IP whitelisting delays in the Suggestions and Feedback forum
I pointed this problem years ago and I am experiencing this again. Scenario: 1. Customer account gets malware 2. JPC disables account 3. IP whitelist ...

Loyal Client

Suspension due to malware, IP whitelisting delays

I pointed this problem years ago and I am experiencing this again.

Scenario:

1. Customer account gets malware

2. JPC disables account

3. IP whitelist needed for temporary access

4. We submit our IP for whitelisting

5. Several hours pass no reply from ticket

6. Follow-up via chat

7 Chat support says it's being done

8. Several hours pass no reply from ticket

9. Follow-up via chat

10. Chat support says it's being done

11. Follow-up via new ticket

12. Tech support advise not to create new ticket for duplicate issue instead of actually simply white-listing the IP

13. Several hours pass, still no reply from original ticket. IP still not whitelisted.

14. By this time our customer IP must've already changed his IP

15. Frustration sets in, I post this in the forum now.

16. Several hours pass, still no reply from original ticket. IP still not whitelisted.

Serious solution is needed for this type of scenario. This has been happening since several years ago. Can't believe still experiencing this.

Related tickets:

SUGGESTION:

On first malware hit, nstead of whitelisting, simply put .htaccess DENY FROM ALL command in public_html so we can immediately solve the issue on our end. If malware issue persists, then do the whitelisting requirement.
    Last edited by kabatak; 01-27-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Loyal Client
    Also, from my followups that spanned a few hours each, I noticed that there are at least 3 different "support" people from chat/ticket that communicated with me all saying the ticket is being worked out by tech support although I know no one is actually working on it. I mean, a simple whitelisting task couldn't possibly take more than 5 minutes.

Now the thing is, I don't know why is this a practice in JPC: Why are there many "frontline support" people that can't do a relatively simple task?

I have been with other host and I hate comparing but there are exceptional hosts that I 've been with and all (and I mean ALL) of their support are all Level 3. Issues are solved within minutes from initial reply, no level 0, no front liners.

Given that JPC has been a relatively successful company now (been with you since ages), can JPC do something similar (i.e., only hire L3 support?). Fewer L3 support is better than a ton of front liners.

Sorry but this is really a frustrating issue that has been going on for years.

Sorry for the trouble Kabatak. I have an admin looking into getting you taken care of.

On the topic of all admins being l3 that isn't cost effective or smart but I can understand why you feel that way being delayed on getting the help you need.
    (pm) | (email) Les, Chief Operations Officer

Need a Manager?
    (pm) | (email) Greg, Chief Executive Officer

JPC Dream Team
    Hello there,

I've ensured that the IP is now whitelisted and I've now also moved you to my own queue so you will pass L1. It looks like this was done about ~50 minutes ago.

Apologies for the disruption. It would appear the level 1 queue was severely congested this morning. I look forward to working with you.